Swimbait Rod recommendations?

Hey guys,

I know the time is near and I need to upgrade my Swimbait rod from a 7'6" Extra Heavy Guide Select Okuma (pool stick) to something with a little more feel and is lighter.

I have several other Shimano Crucial's and I've heard some good things about their SB rod.

It will be paired up with a Cardiff 400.

Thanks guys!
-Mike
buy my crucial swimbait rod, it has alot of feel, throws a hud liike a champ and has caught me a ton of fish. I have it listed in the for sale section, just shoot me an offer.
Depends on what size swimbaits you are going to be throwing.. Big heavy huds or small 4"-6" basstrixs type baits...? I have been throwing the 4"-6" basstrix type on my G-Loomis spinnerbait rod with 30lb suffix braid and it works awesome.. Fell everything with the power to rip big fish in..

Set'Em Good
Sorry for not clarifying. This will be for tossin Hud's, BBZ's, AC Minnows...big stuff. I have a 7' H Crucial for the smaller basstrix SB's.
My favorite is a 8ft Lamiglas big bait special.
Well to me I dont see why you need to change the setup you got. But I would use a Dobyns 795ML or a 806ML but if you want lighter baits like under 6oz then the 795 but anything heavier go with the 806. The Crucial is good but I dont like the handle as its too short for throwing bigger baits as its nice to have lots of leverage when throwing swimbaits so that you wont get fatigued as fast.
Here's another vote for the Lamiglas XC 807 Big Bait Special
or if you want to save a few bucks try the Daiwa EXC 661MHFB Exceler. its not bad for the money....
dmun wrote:
Well to me I dont see why you need to change the setup you got. But I would use a Dobyns 795ML or a 806ML but if you want lighter baits like under 6oz then the 795 but anything heavier go with the 806. The Crucial is good but I dont like the handle as its too short for throwing bigger baits as its nice to have lots of leverage when throwing swimbaits so that you wont get fatigued as fast.

everyone should listen to this guy! Hes the KING of swimbaits!!

Go buy a okuma 711XH. OR the 711 XH C3.