taking a kid fishing help

my freind wans me to take her son fishing were can i go right now the weathers been sucking lately
depends on where you live the campbell percs were stocked this week and people have been doing ok out there. [?]
mazbass wrote:
my freind wans me to take her son fishing were can i go right now the weathers been sucking lately
cyoung wrote:
depends on where you live the campbell percs were stocked this week and people have been doing ok out there. [?]

1. For some reason this week they did not stock the perc ponds at all. Went there yesterday..nobody had a bite. No comorants in the water= no trout stocked. Plus if u want ur friends son to learn how to fish there is a kid's fishing day at Sandy Wool Lake (edLevin Park) on Feburary 7 on a Sunday. I will be there to volunteer. if u want more details go to "south bay fishing in the city"
Take them do Del Valle in Livermore... Always can catch some really big trout, that is were I take my girls and they have a blast. I would wait for the weather to be better, don't want the first experience to be a bad one..
bluegillmaniac657 wrote:
mazbass wrote:
cyoung wrote:

1. For some reason this week they did not stock the perc ponds at all. Went there yesterday..nobody had a bite. No comorants in the water= no trout stocked. Plus if u want ur friends son to learn how to fish there is a kid's fishing day at Sandy Wool Lake (edLevin Park) on Feburary 7 on a Sunday. I will be there to volunteer. if u want more details go to "south bay fishing in the city"

What time does this start? went to the website and didnt see a time. Might take my daughters there. Thanks for posting this though, never would've heard about it if you hadn't
Theres a kids meeting on sunday?

Cuz if they want the kids fishing day thing to go well, they want to do it on a day where the fish are there.

So does that mean they will be stocking ON that sunday? Any confirmation bluegillmaniac? }:( Confirmed stocking days are always a plus.
Hey guys,
This is Andrew here. Chris aka bluegillmaniac657 and I volunteer every single time. I starts around 8am til 12pm but ONLY kids can fish in the netted area where the rediculously have est 500-1500lbs of trout and are required to use citys fishing gear and go through the "how to fish" seminar. Every time the kids go fish usually catch there limit in a hour ! So they will have a blast! For those adults you can fish just not in the stock fish pen till they take out the pen which will roughly be around 1pm.

-Andrew Le
fish pen....is that like a swimming pool of fish?

So they are dumping the pen into sandy wool lake so the adults can fish too?
sorta its a netted off area in the lake that the kids can only fish in noone else! In the kids area is heaven you catch you limit in no time. I idk bout outside but try your luck! Sometimes they can escape!
drewsturrrr wrote:
sorta its a netted off area in the lake that the kids can only fish in noone else! In the kids area is heaven you catch you limit in no time. I idk bout outside but try your luck! Sometimes they can escape!

Andrew, last time i was at Sandy wool they used the entire lake. They closed out the entire lake until it was over but yea people are allowed to fish when the vent is over(usually around 12 or 1) Ender i do not have a 100% confirmation if they will have the kids day event at all do to the upcoming weather(saying its gonna rain) but if things turn out well then they should have it.
Ender wrote:
Theres a kids meeting on sunday?

Cuz if they want the kids fishing day thing to go well, they want to do it on a day where the fish are there.

So does that mean they will be stocking ON that sunday? Any confirmation bluegillmaniac? }:( Confirmed stocking days are always a plus.

They usually stock it a a day or two b4 the event(rangers then patrol the area for people who are fishing). They stock for people of this club can fish and then the next day(sunday) they let the kids fish But like i said weather will effect plans
How interesting. This sunday is Superbowl Sunday, so I dont think many adults or dads will be taking their kids. They picked a bad day to do this.

But I will be going if they are. I've been wanting to test out my crappie jigs and my new superultralite pole.

Keep us informed Drew/Bluegillmaniac if they are going to go through with this Fishing Day.
Ender wrote:
How interesting. This sunday is Superbowl Sunday, so I dont think many adults or dads will be taking their kids. They picked a bad day to do this.

But I will be going if they are. I've been wanting to test out my crappie jigs and my new superultralite pole.

Keep us informed Drew/Bluegillmaniac if they are going to go through with this Fishing Day.

it ends around noon so i think the dads might be able to make it back on time for the party
So what's the news guys?

Is sandy wool being stocked?
Yes they stoked the lake you can't fish there tomorrow though they locked it down for the event. You can fish around 12 ish. They told me they are doing it rain or shine! (p.s. i agree picked it on a very bad day....)

-Andrew Le
I was there to help out on sat. Good times!! all the kids running around in the rain flingin power bait all over. Only saw 1 trout caught all day but the kids still seemed to have a good time...
that was a terrible turn out....only 30 kids and 1 fish...1500 1/2 lbers were stocked into it but nothing....
Yeah I was there Sunday, and then Monday AND tuesday.

Nothing. They stocked the lazy trouts. All they can do is get eaten by cormorants.