Thanksgiving bass at Almaden

Here's one I caught over the holida at Almaden Lake Park behind the bridge. It was cold and windy but still this sucker grabbed the worm as soon as it touched the water. I thought it was a turtle at first cuz it I saw a few that day. Good thing it wasn't or else I wouldn't know what to do with it. [8|]

Bass feels like a 3.5 - 4 lber, it was a heavy sucker!
Nice!
[8|] Thats a good one. Nice job!
IBangBangU wrote:
[8|] Thats a good one. Nice job!

Thanks!

Btw.. anyone ever float tube the area directly behind me? Looks like a very good spot for giant bass to hide. It's hard to access the bank from the other side since 95% of the shorline is covered in those tullies.

Can you even float tube in Almaden Lake Park?
No float tubing there.

I have seen some bigguns in that area when walking over the bridge, but you're right, a lot of it is hard to get a line to.
first off nice catch!! :) But am I the only one that notices that bass's upper mouth(top jaw) is missing some of it, maybe close to half?!!! That fish is a surviver!!
bayareabassin wrote:
first off nice catch!! :) But am I the only one that notices that bass's upper mouth(top jaw) is missing some of it, maybe close to half?!!! That fish is a surviver!!

haha...when I first saw the pic I did initially think that something was off about the top jaw but forgot to ask.

definitely a survivor!
Was there Sunday afternoon and got skunked...
Now that you guys mentioned it.. the fish does like funny LOL. Probably got into tons of fights with other fish in the lake. [8|]
went out there today and I think I caught the same fish because the top jaw was the same exact way! crazy!
Reilsgood wrote:
went out there today and I think I caught the same fish because the top jaw was the same exact way! crazy!

Did you fish the same area? You went out in the freakin' rain? Craaazy dude! [8|]
I got it under the bridge on a speed trap so pretty close, and it was cleared up by the time I got out there. Got another one on a jig too
theres a pic