Too scent or not to?

So what do you guys do? Swear by it, or is it whatever? Are they gonna bite your plastics anyways, or is it your little secret?

I used to love using kick-n-bass when it was easy to purchase around here. Not sure if it really helped but in my mind i felt it did.
I always use Strike It Lizard spray on my lizards. I have fished them side by side with and without and find that it just works. The other scent that I always have is the Berkeley bass attractant. This has been a staple in my box since I started fishing plastics years ago. I've always felt that using scents remove the human smell.
Axe body spray [green]
IMHO.... scents do work. However most people think the scent is made to bring them to your bait. Often times I use it when the bass got some serious lock jaw going on where i need them to hang on to it just for a bit longer. In terms of getting them to eat ur bait. If a bass is hungry or its in his face, he will eat it. I was telling sam-o....at least i think it was Sam I told....if u are hungry and i put some steak that is not cooked the way you want it, do you say "eh friggin it, i don't want it?".

However in terms of masking the scent of human. Yea sometimes thats important. Spotted bass have very good sense of smell compared to Largemouth and Smallies. In those cases, I use a eco friendly soap. I personally use Lunker Lather. It worked for me multiple times.

Generally I catch 99% of all my fish with out scents or hand soaps.
I accidentally find a cheaper way to scent the bait.
It is simply put one of the scented Berkeley gulp bait together with the other bags(with zipper) of non-scented ones.
It works for me by far.
I like to use Mega Strike when I fish in the winter or when nothing is working for me, do scents really work? I have confidence in them weather it is mental or not its always in my with my tackle.
I use Bang...Definitly has helped when the bight was tough.
Go ol school... WD-40
Pro Cure, shad or crawfish or trophy bass or whatever I have on me. I like vibration and extra scent in dirty water, helps the fish find the bait I feel. I might have to try it for spots, might help witj jig trailers and that tap tap they frickin' do all the time without actually biting
Any scent is very effective with fishing, especially when fishing is tough. I believe the fish can track down the bait and when the fish bite it can hold on to it better and longer. In my experience, I tend to use scent mostly in the winter time, when fishing is tough and a bite comes by once in while.
yes
Thanks for all the info on scents guys. I have never used them. I may begin to use them now. Just fished a small private pond on 2/13/11. It was further into the hills past Grant Res. Got only one bass to hit anything i put out there. Plastic worm, crankbait, jig. Perhaps scent would have turned the "look" into a "hit".
RICK wrote:
I use Bang...Definitly has helped when the bight was tough.

+10. Bang P.s just don't spray it in your eyes, take it from me
I give credit to the one bass at Pinto cuz of scent. Smelly Jelly crawdaddy, gotta love it. The thick stuff not the liquid.
The difference in the smell receptors of a lmb v.s. a 'smally' is negligeble lol. good lord.
Aside from that I try to use scents that really 'stick' to the bait. Human scent is a factor although I have found it to be minimal especially if you work a bit of the scents into hands before or during fishing. Any brand will work well. Smelly Jelly smells like hell so i just use other tube and spray ones.
The confidence factor and focus will outway any attractant. They do help though in the grand scheme of the quest for the fish.
Jigster wrote:
The difference in the smell receptors of a lmb v.s. a 'smally' is negligeble lol. good lord.
Aside from that I try to use scents that really 'stick' to the bait. Human scent is a factor although I have found it to be minimal especially if you work a bit of the scents into hands before or during fishing. Any brand will work well. Smelly Jelly smells like hell so i just use other tube and spray ones.
The confidence factor and focus will outway any attractant. They do help though in the grand scheme of the quest for the fish.



True on the LMB to Smallies, but spots have very good smell receptors.
almadenbassmaster wrote:
RICK wrote:
I use Bang...Definitly has helped when the bight was tough.

+10. Bang P.s just don't spray it in your eyes, take it from me



[8|] Bang in the eyes is no good!!!