Toon livewell help

Does anyone know if i can get everything i need anywhere around here? And does anyone know where i can get the instructions on how to do it. Looks easy but i just wanna double check. Checked bass n tubes and it only shows what you need, no instructions.
use this as a guide line

http://www.kayaksportfishing.com/equipm ... vewell.htm

http://www.tropicalboating.com/fishing/ ... -well.html

question were you planing on using it in Santa Clara Lakes?
If so make sure its dry before you go!!!
Send Marce a PM, his livewell was bad A$$.
Buy a Coleman 50 qt Cooler.....= to 10 gal fish tank.....
3-4 ft maybe lee of clear tubing 1'' or bigger...
500 gph bilge pump....
4 house clamps.....
1-2ft of 1'' pvc pipe....
1'' T handle pvc fiting....
1 small battery from cabelas or bps 12v its small around 20$...comes w/ charger....

Steps...
1-Cut upper part ot T HANDLE PVC fitting in half with hack saw....
2-install that under seat and put 1 hose clamp on each side tighten to where it will be snug but can swing up and down to be lowered into water for bilge pump....
3-cut a 1ft piece of pvc....and install it onto T HANDEL put some glue on it so it stays..
4-position bilge pump at end of pvc pipe and hose clamp w/ 2 BIG HOSE CLAMPS.....
5-run the wire up the 1ft pvc pipe and ZIP TIE IT AS U GO!!!!....
6-POSTION ur LIVEWELL/COOLER to wear its easy for u to turn around and load/unload ur fish....
7-about 1 or 1 1/2'' fromtop of cooler(the side that is facing the back of ur toon) and drill 5-8 good size holes....these are for EXCESS WATER to drain out when u re-curclate the water!!!!
8-Drill a MAIN HOLE for the clear pipeing to go in at the top of the livewell....and hose clamp it from inside so it dont come back out at ya!!!!.....
9-Strap ur livewell down with BUNGGIES or sumthing......
10-Re-CURCULATE the water EVERY 30 min or so....Specially if 5 fish are in there.....
11-Go fiish and CATCH A FATTIE!!!!! [green] [green] [green] 8-)

This is how Mine looks like all set up...

Jr

I may have missed a thing or two if I see it i will re edit!!!!
wouldn't it just be easier and lighter if you made something like this instead??
Now you dont have the wait of the water and the cooler and the battery and the water pump. Just make it an enclosed net and have it behind you mounted up on the rear in the water of your toon?

Bass_Fisherman wrote:
wouldn't it just be easier and lighter if you made something like this instead??
Now you dont have the wait of the water and the cooler and the battery and the water pump. Just make it an enclosed net and have it behind you mounted up on the rear in the water of your toon?

Those types of livewells are easier to build and lighter, but they create so much drag when rowing that it's almost impossible to get any where and if it's windy forget about it.
I popped an oar lock last year at Coyote with a livewell like that. They are good for float tubes though.
WOW I new that it would but not that much! Good advice Kev!