Tubing Calero Saturday (4/7) morning...

...if anyone wants to join me, I'll be parking at the launch ramp and fishing the South end of the lake! 8-)
GOOD LUCK!! Carolina rigged baby brush hogs man!
Quote:
...if anyone wants to join me, I'll be parking at the launch ramp and fishing the South end of the lake! Â 8-)

Tunis,

I would be glad to join you... See you there !!! :D
...me and tom (smaLLie) got on the water a lil after 8 and fished til noon. it was a bit windy...but we managed to get to the south end. landed a dink while fishing a drop-shot purple/chartreuse zipper worm on the way out. finally got to a cove where there were lots of fish jumping/feeding off bait fish cuz the wind was blowing right into it. saw a fish jump and i tossed a purple jig w/ jumbo pork trailer right at it and he slammed it! it was the usual 3 pound bass. i saw another bass jump, this time, it was a fatty cuz all i saw was belly...so i tossed a rat-l-trap past where it had jumped and after a few casts...slam! fought it for a bit and it shook loose! kept working that cove and got a couple other big hits, but couldn't keep them hooked! i guess that's what i get for not changing out the factory rat-l-trap hooks! Â >:( i was pretty bummed for the rest of the day cuz i knew they were pretty big bass...the first one looked to be an easy 5-6 lbs! so 5 bass total...landed 2 and lost 3! all in all...it was a nice day out at calero! i'll be back...
Awesome report - and more important - it's nice to see the website getting people together out on the water. It's always nice to have a fishing partner out there.

Great post, awesome photo.

See you guys out there soon.

Marce
Quote:
it's nice to see the website getting people together out on the water. It's always nice to have a fishing partner out there.
Marce

Marce...Actually, I've known Tunis for many years...lol... But this site is coming together nicely... You're right, it is good to have a fishing partner out there...

Tunis....good catch... Sorrie bout the rat l trap hooks... You're bummed? I'm bummed for you mann!!! Â I didn't even get any bites... grrr :'( Â Oh well, all in all, I had a blast, we gotta do it again...soon !!!

~smaLLie