Turkey Shoot

Anyone interested in doing a Turkey shoot for Stripers like we did last year? Was thinking maybe we could do it in 2-3 weeks around thanksgiving.
Need a partner Will, Brad, Tim, Mike, Jr. Wouldn't mind fishing this!
:\ what is a Turkey Shoot for stripers?
Raggamuffin Rippin wrote:

Been waiting for this post to come up.....
Count me in, Sundays only for me though....
Ryan no need to even ask... your always welcome... lets do this boys, we had fun last year at this event...
I just hope for a better showing and way for fish caught...
That way everyone gets to have fun and catch fish....
I will go along and pay half of fees if anyone has an extra seat.
Rippin_Lips wrote:
Raggamuffin Rippin wrote:

Been waiting for this post to come up.....
Count me in, Sundays only for me though....
Ryan no need to even ask... your always welcome... lets do this boys, we had fun last year at this event...
I just hope for a better showing and way for fish caught...
That way everyone gets to have fun and catch fish....

Hope that maybe this year the we can have some better weather!
i would love to get in this, but i lack a boat. i will also be willing to pay half of everything to get involved. anyone out there willing, send me a PM.
What I had in mind was that it could be like lasts year and just biggest fish wins and that it doesn't have to be a team tourney.If somebody wants to they can put as many people on a boat as they can so that everybody can get in on this.
hogaholic wrote:
i would love to get in this, but i lack a boat. i will also be willing to pay half of everything to get involved. anyone out there willing, send me a PM.

Hogaholic:
I have 2 boats for sale... let me know if ya wanna buy one... quick sale, see pix in the classified section.. lets make a deal.... Wifey wants em gone and so do I!!
Help a brotha out, and I will hook and brotha up!! LOL.. let me know

Jigster:
Let me know if you want the 12fter.. this is far safer then the plastic jon boat your looking to buy...And your Toyota will pull this... My Accord pulled it the whole time I owned it....

Dmun:
I would be hoping for no FOG this time... Miguel and I got stuck doing donuts cause we could get to the otherside of the forebay cause the fog was that bad...
But this time.. I have GPS on the boat!!
And the cold was pretty damn harsh too... but to fish with everyone again, I would not care about the above if it meant it get would everyone together on the water...

Lets do this guys... the more the merrier!!!
dmun wrote:
What I had in mind was that it could be like lasts year and just biggest fish wins and that it doesn't have to be a team tourney.If somebody wants to they can put as many people on a boat as they can so that everybody can get in on this.

Agree with ya on this....
This way more can fish....
Rippin_Lips wrote:
hogaholic wrote:

Hogaholic:
I have 2 boats for sale... let me know if ya wanna buy one... quick sale, see pix in the classified section.. lets make a deal.... Wifey wants em gone and so do I!!
Help a brotha out, and I will hook and brotha up!! LOL.. let me know

dude, wish i could afford a boat right now. shoot all i got for transpo right now is my harley. i dont think i could tow a boat with my harley lol
Ender wrote:
:\ what is a Turkey Shoot for stripers?

We shoot turkeys, then use the meat for bait and the plucked feathers for trailers! Catch is you have to use a salmon egg hook! :D
The most epic part of the trip last year was casting into the wall of fog and not being able to see your bait but can hear it in the fog...then to see it appear though the circle of vision we had around the boat. Getting blowups you can't see! It was great last time!
Don't let them yank your chain Ender although it's all in good fun [green]

Kevkc wrote:
A turkey shoot is a bunch of dudes getting together for fishing and a small wager without calling it an actual tournament. If it's a real tournament then you have to get permission from whatever body of water you are fishing, have insurance, etc.
I am in if I am not duck hunting. Would love to catch some fish right now.
dmun, i havent talked to my buddy yet (tim) but i will talk to him tomorrow. We may be in.
We might be in but the idea of freezing our ass's off is holding us back! lol
The weather looks to be tolerable sunday morning, just a bit chilly...should be a nice morning for fishing.
http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/los-ba ... hbhhour=23
i want in, i just need a spot with someone
Well we should be at the boat launch about 6:15 or so.......Basalt launch that is , should be good tommorow not much wind No Moon [green] FISH ON I HOPE.......... HEY RAGGA YOU ARE FUNNY YOU WOULD GO OUT CRABBING ANYWAY .YOU HAVE SALT IN THOSE VIENS OF YOUR .I THINK NOTHING CAN KEEP YOU OFF THE WATER BE IT SEA OR FRESH WATER ............Arrrrrrrrrr mate