Uvas 3/19

Fishing was a little slow at Uvas today. Walked across the dam and along the back side. Caught 3 fish on the drop shot. A couple friends threw just about every thing else and the fish didn't want to bite it. The water is quite a bit stained, so once I threw on a worm with a chartreuse tip I started getting bites. Lost 1 that would have been nicer in size, but there wasn't much size to the fish I landed.

If you're fishing dirty water go with the loud colors!

Good luck!
You're killing it in all your reports! I've yet to have a multi-fish day, I'm hoping some time this year!
Thanks man. To be honest I've only just begun to get into using the drop shot. I've been fishing fast like a crazy person the past few years mostly throwing crankbaits, and learning to slow down and finesse has paid off. It's hard to get skunked if you resort to dropshoting a 4" worm when nothing else is working. I suggest if anyone hasn't learned to slow down and finesse, at least when nothing else is working, take the time to learn. You definitely won't be going home after a bad day, and when the fish are super active and smashing the reaction baits, kill em! (Not literally)
yea drop shot is a good technique gets fish
i started using that last year and glad i did its good to learn new techniques
i try learn a new one every season this season i am trying swim baits
I learned how to drop shot from the best and it has accounted for my biggest so far this season. I also realized that the rod I was dropping with was to stiff of a rod. Got the technique specific shimano and haven't missed hardly any 8-)
Holy hell was that at uvas!
Nice fish! Looks like it could be at the almaden dam :) I have been using the Powell diesel medium spinning rod. You have me starting to think my rod might be too stiff now. It probably is. I only have 1 spinning rod right now and about 7 casting rods, so once I get more used to drop shotting I might go with a technique specific.
medium is good whats the action my shimano is med/extra fast
i have a crucial med/xfast and i just got a new crucial med/fast. both work fine but i tend to favor the xfast
im pretty sure have caught that same fish has bigger brother too, wasnt on a drop shot though. they cleaned the damn off now no more debris and ranger came down and told me not to park by the damn anymore when i was there last week
Yep that was Almaden Res damn back in January before damn was cleaned off. I also noticed that they removed some downed trees in the water which I thought was kind of odd. That place has been hit and miss for me, usually one fish days :-/ Should hopefully start picking up with the hotter days coming and I've seen alot of cruisers which makes me believe by the next full moon we will see the first wave of spawners up shallow and bedding. fishinduramax I was told the same thing, they want us to park all the way down at Hicks Rd. Walk sucks but at least it's flat.
Oh
FRED-E-MAC wrote:
I learned how to drop shot from the best and it has accounted for my biggest so far this season. I also realized that the rod I was dropping with was to stiff of a rod. Got the technique specific shimano and haven't missed hardly any 8-)

Dude you suck at fishing. that's probably not even you in the picture.
Damn! Fish Off Competition !!!!!
fish off fish off I got $100 on fred that's fred in pic but he is holding my fish lol lol lol lol j/k
sidewazzz wrote:
FRED-E-MAC wrote:

Hahaha Sidewinder PLEASE!!!! I'll out fish you anyway of the week and twice on Sunday. Don't worry I'm getting the footage together for a GoPro vid 8-)
Oh shi!t look at what I started hahaha
Lol dont feed the trolls
Yeah like 88 trolls on now
FRED-E-MAC wrote:
sidewazzz wrote:
FRED-E-MAC wrote:

Hahaha Sidewinder PLEASE!!!! I'll out fish you anyway of the week and twice on Sunday. Don't worry I'm getting the footage together for a GoPro vid 8-)

Game on when and where?

BTW caught so many fish don't even bother taking pictures let alone GOpro footage. Silly kids...lol