Uvas res 10/19

The water is wayyyyyyyy down...
dude nice post kevkc i sure wont be visiting those res. anytime soon haha.
you guys gotta look at the bright side. unless your seeing dead fish on the shore then that means that all the fish that are normally in the full size uvas are compacted down to that little puddle. which means a lot more fish per yard of water. which means alot more fish to catch in a lot less casts ;D
Quote:
you guys gotta look at the bright side. unless your seeing dead fish on the shore then that means that all the fish that are normally in the full size uvas are compacted down to that little puddle. Â which means a lot more fish per yard of water. which means alot more fish to catch in a lot less casts ;D

While the bass will likely turn off in these conditions, the catfishing can be dynamite for that very reason.
Lets have a SJB catfish night before it gets really cold.
Quote:
Lets have a SJB catfish night before it gets really cold.

Im totally down for that one Kev even if no one come i'll go 4 sure all ya gota do is call me!!!!
Quote:
Quote:
you guys gotta look at the bright side. unless your seeing dead fish on the shore then that means that all the fish that are normally in the full size uvas are compacted down to that little puddle. Â which means a lot more fish per yard of water. which means alot more fish to catch in a lot less casts ;D

While the bass will likely turn off in these conditions, the catfishing can be dynamite for that very reason.

true. but they generally only turn off if the lake is dropping. i have been under the impression that the lake has pretty much been this low for the last year. if the level has not changed that drastically recently then the fish have already gotten accustomed to their new surroundings. good fishin
I'd hit that ;D

TL
Went to Uvas yesterday. It's badddddd, the water is beyond murkey. We tried for an hour and not one bite.....no crappie, nothing. We're waiting soooo impatiently for it to clear. :-/
GB

Sounds like you fish Uvas a lot. That is one place on my list to fish in my toon this year. Is the parking lot safe and is there any place better than the other for lmb?

Thanks

Glenn
Glenn, the parking lot seems safe, we never had a problem out there (just be sure to be gone before the ranger locks the gate.).

I have all kinds of spots for different kinds of fishing. Right now Anderson or Calero would be a better bet for lmb as the water quality is better than Uvas.

We're seriously thinking bout the tube tourney at Coyote in April. ;)

*in summer, watch out for the tarantulas near/in the porta potty, when I figure out how to post a vid, I'll show one of them for you. :o