Uvas

Not that it matters much since we cant boat in it. But my friend said that its a puddle nothing no water in that lake at all. Not even enough water to support fish??
Anyone seen it lately??
Looking at the SC Water website, http://alert.valleywater.org/gageresv-cross.html, it says that the water level is about 58 feet below the spillway and at 6.6% of capacity. I haven't seen the lake personally but I'd say it is pretty empty.
I was looking at the water levels on this site http://www.scvwd.dst.ca.us/water/Technical_Information/Measures_and_Readings/Rainfall_&_Reservoir_Status_Report.shtm and it's a sad state, both literally and figuratively. I wonder how the low water levels will impact bass as far as oxygen levels and available forage.
stealth bassin wrote:
I was looking at the water levels on this site http://www.scvwd.dst.ca.us/water/Technical_Information/Measures_and_Readings/Rainfall_&_Reservoir_Status_Report.shtm and it's a sad state, both literally and figuratively. I wonder how the low water levels will impact bass as far as oxygen levels and available forage.

Yes, that's essentially the same data coming from the same sensors only it's not updated in real time. The other website updates the data every few hours. Sure would be nice if the water district would put water temperature data in the telemetry. Maybe that's asking too much.
Ive been fishing Uvas since I was a kid (shut-up Kevkc [8:) ) The water level last year was low..but this year its beyond that. Its nomore then a puddle. Very sad. With another year of low rain levels...this place will be empty for awhile.
I used to live on the opposite side of Uvas by the small lake when I was a kid too....WHAT THE HELL IS THIS WATER DISTRICT THINKING, BOY ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THIS IS F#####D UP.....I HATE SANTA CLARA COUNTY...... >:-(
yes if its that low I would say the fishing is going to be gone their for a long time if at all ever again. It would be hard to recover if they keep having a fluctuating water level.
Not that it matters we cant boat on it anyway ;(
Here you go:

You had to post these pixs Marce..... ;( ;( ;(
SAD.....U guys should drive by Chesbro....Its bad toooo.....

The old bridge is exposed and water level is close to what it was last year if not lower!!!!!...

Marce....U beet me to posting pix of the lakes I got pix of uvas and chesbro....Just had my laptop stolen sow I cant upload yet....Getting new computer soon and will be back in FULL POSTIING FORCE!!!!!...

Jr
DANG!!! YES THAT LAKE IS DONE FOR A LONG TIME ;(

Thanks for the pics marce
Where are all the fish, still in there? By the looks of the lake water level, one would think it would be like fishing in a bucket or a trout farm! (8-|
You might thing it would be like fishing in a bathtub, but so did so many others, when it got lower than that, in 2006 and 2007! Not much left in there thanks to the bucket folks.
There are a very few big cats, carp, crappie, bluegills, and hopefully just enough dink bass, in there so it will come back. It will take a few good years though!!

Nothing like back in the day (70's and 80's)!!! For sure!!!!

I seriously doubt there is a bass left in there over 3 pounds! There sure used to be...

Nice pics Marce, Nice, but so sad!!
That is so sad to see. I really missed tubing there. Calero was our haunt last year and we did pretty good but I really dislike those damn jet skis and the lazy ass rangers (There are beyond worthless!). >:-(

I'd love to tube Woodchoppers again but those idiots can never make up their minds if I can launch from choppers or at the launch! It got pretty hard getting the hubs out at all. ;(
Hit up Uvas 1/20/09 to give her a try....man what a waste of time....3 hours or so to about 530 pm. Hiked all over throwin a jig, senkos, and blades. Nothin not even a sniff!! One cool thing though I finally saw for my own eyes that Uvas does have a shad population saw them fluttering around in the inlet near the launch parking lot all about 1-1.25". Kinda cool but no action in that area.
I'm with you Maackbass, I too have personally witnessed a shad swarm, and with the water as clear as it was, it was pretty darn cool to watch.

Well fellas, we have some rain coming our way, let's keep our fingers crossed and hope this place fills up a bit.

Marce