water level

took a drive to Coyote today, lot of water, and it is OPEN to boaters. Water is really stained and alot of floating debris but it is OPEN. Was talking to an insect abatement company out there and I guess they talk to Santa Clara county water every now and then and said that they are already draining water from the lake to fill anderson. They said because anderson draws more boaters? Don't understand the water company. Coyote is building more camp grounds and better facilities, don't you think a full lake would be wise to fill those campsites? We should start a petition to try and make coyote a fishing lake only. Why not anderson will never plant trout and has more room for the skiers. I could do without anderson if we had coyote, calero, chesbro and uvas for us south SJ people. Anyways my stepdad went out to coyote to check it out the day before i did and saw somebody fishing. he asked how he did and the guy said he caught just one but was 26 inches long. Drop shot in shallow water. ? 26 inches would be what, 8 or 9 pounds? The dude i was talking to about the water level said enjoy it while you can. I think it should be open through spring and summer hopefully.
Dang was wondering when someone was gunna post bout Yote being OPEN.....Lol Me and a very kool buddie of mine have know for a week now....Lol.....

We fished it too....Water is like choclate milk out there....Bite was totally OFF...The fish are hella deep 45-60ft.....

Wont see this place back to normal for at least three weeks or soo.Plus thae bass arnt stagin yet....

Was just a matter of time tilol the word got out!!!!! ;) ;) ;D ;D 8-) 8-) 8-)
WHOA ;D ;D ;)

Been there twice and got skunked big time...maybe it was karma for keeping my mouth shut and not saying anything about it ;D
not sure karma has anything to do with it, water is cold, dark, and rising..

probably won't be fishable til next year ;D
Quote:
took a drive to Coyote today, lot of water, and it is OPEN to boaters. Â Water is really stained and alot of floating debris but it is OPEN. Â Was talking to an insect abatement company out there and I guess they talk to Santa Clara county water every now and then and said that they are already draining water from the lake to fill anderson. Â They said because anderson draws more boaters? Â Don't understand the water company. Â Coyote is building more camp grounds and better facilities, don't you think a full lake would be wise to fill those campsites? Â We should start a petition to try and make coyote a fishing lake only. Â Why not anderson will never plant trout and has more room for the skiers. Â I could do without anderson if we had coyote, calero, chesbro and uvas for us south SJ people. Â Anyways my stepdad went out to coyote to check it out the day before i did and saw somebody fishing. he asked how he did and the guy said he caught just one but was 26 inches long. Â Drop shot in shallow water. ? 26 inches would be what, 8 or 9 pounds? Â The dude i was talking to about the water level said enjoy it while you can. Â I think it should be open through spring and summer hopefully.

Unless something has changed Coyote will never be full again. They are only going to keep it at half or lower cuz of that little earthquake fault under the resevoir.
the lake is at 60 percent capacitie and i frose my ass off when we were on the boat out there the other day
From my understanding Kev when I talked to the ranger out there a while back the say they only keep it @ 60% all the time anyway......

If you go there now and check out the lake,since im a local and have seen this lake @ its fullest alot....I would say it's at 50% once it rises another uhhhhh 10 more ft it will be at 60% and that's good enough cause when the lake settles down and clears up.......

Hahahah its on in the creek area...Thats where my nice lil puddle jumper comes into play...Can take my boat in about 2.5 -3ft of water so I can trek back there!!!!

And Dave,
You really think it wont be fishable till next year.... :-? :-? :-/ :-/

Hopefully not though,I would like to see some action outa hear in April,March....
Dont tell me these things man,I wanna do the B-N-T.... ;D ;D ;D

Jim
Quote:
From my understanding Kev when I talked to the ranger out there a while back the say they only keep it @ 60% all the time anyway......

If you go there now and check out the lake,since im a local and have seen this lake @ its fullest alot....I would say it's at 50% once it rises another uhhhhh 10 more ft it will be at 60% and that's good enough cause when the lake settles down and clears up.......

Hahahah its on in the creek area...Thats where my nice lil puddle jumper comes into play...Can take my boat in about 2.5 -3ft of water so I can trek back there!!!!

And Dave,
You really think it wont be fishable till next year.... :-? :-? :-/ :-/

Hopefully not though,I would like to see some action outa hear in April,March....
Dont tell me these things man,I wanna do the B-N-T.... ;D ;D ;D

Jim
It'll be okay Jim!!!! ;)
so jim, is it ok now to talk about coyotes ramp being open again? just thought i would ask a "local' if its ok.
::) yeah i am pretty sure it will take at least a year..

everyone should continue to fish anderson, if you know what i mean

;)
Quote:
not sure karma has anything to do with it, water is cold, dark, and rising..

probably won't be fishable til next year   ;D

That's funny you got Jr. all worried ;D ;D ;D But I did hear the ramp was closed to all Jet skier's and Ski boat's ;) ;)
For those of you who have launched since the ramp was oepened. How many boats were launching? I'd like to go but not if it's a zoo. Don't tell me no damn lies either! ;D
When me and a couple of buddies went...They said that since they opened 8-10 boats have launched....

The DAY they opened @ 2:30pm and someone already launched there boat @ 3:15pm......Someone had inside info on that one!!!! lol!!!!! 8-)
Quote:
When me and a couple of buddies went...They said that since they opened 8-10 boats have launched....

The DAY they opened @ 2:30pm and someone already launched there boat @ 3:15pm......Someone had inside info on that one!!!! Â lol!!!!! 8-)

Nice, so it's not too bad. Thanks for the info Jim!
Is the water really muddy out there? I might go on saturday also what should I target?
here you go, i think this may be the truth. they actually improved the docking
situation at the ramp. extended the docks at a 45 degree angle. the lake is like
chocolate, if you plunk one on the head you may catch it.. they are letting water
out :-/ hopefully not faster than the rate the it is coming in... when the rains
stop, give it a few weeks before you start throwing reaction baits. hopefully
the dfg will put trout in there soon ;)
Skunk #3 today ;D

It is VERY dirty and cold. I saw alex m. on the shore and picked him up, he didn't get a sniff either.
Quote:
here you go, Â i think this may be the truth. Â they actually improved the docking
situation at the ramp. extended the docks at a 45 degree angle. Â hopefully
the dfg will put trout in there soon   ;)

The Dock is sik aint it Dave....I really like that...Could be al lil longer but hey its a kool improvement on the lake!!!!! And all the new campsite's there is no way they are going to ever let this lake dry out or empty it....That would be stupid on the County....

Plus talked to a ranger out there with Jerbs...TROUT COMING in END of April, begining of March.......

Can you say.....................>..''''> SWIMBAITS!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) 8-) ;D
went out friday and got the skunkaroo water was like 47 degees. It was nice and calm in the morning but got windy around midday. fished for about three and a half hours with one bite but missed him with the jig. did see a crawdad come to the top and go back down. RED.... ;) Definately needs to clear and warm up a little. was the only boat out there friday. kinda nice.
That's awesome that yote is open again. I'm currently experiencing serious fishing withdrawals. I haven't been out since early December. Got my first rug rat on the way and have been in baby prep mode=not a lot of time for fishing. Hopefully I'll see you guys out there in the next month or so.

Peace

TL