Water rising at Anderson?

I was at Anderson on Saturday and the water was up a few feet from when I was there a month ago. I noticed water pumping in near the launch ramp. Where do they pump the water in from and does anyone know how much they plan to raise the water level? I was very surprised to see the water level had come up when I got there, expected it to be dropping if anything. Fishing was slow for us, only got two little guys.
Don't know how much they're planning to pump in but that water is coming from San Luis Res.
Talked to Bruce the inspection guy @ Calero
Said they r pumping from San Louie !! Planning
To open it for summer!!

Jr
I heard the same thing . Was told that they wanted to open up the lake to boating
in April .
Anderson's ramp is usable when the water level is at 574.4 elevation . Currently it is at 578 .0 and has been over the 574.4 for over a week . Over the last month , Anderson has come up about 8 feet.
They are pumping "federal " water from San Luis and will continue to do so . I think the plan is to have the lake open thru early Sept.
Robb
Well that is cool. Was pretty surprised to see the water up when I showed up Saturday.
Yes! I can't wait for them to open it up. Closest place for me to take my yak.
It has gone up quite a bit...The spots I've been fishing at the past few weeks are all underwater now.
If they plan to open it up in April then that's even better!
So do stripers ever make it into Anderson if getting water form SLR?
And when are they scheduled to pull the plug for the dam repair/retrofit?
Water level is at like 48 percent right now. They have been pumping water in Anderson for almost a month now. I haven't fished it in a week or so but the fishing was a little slow for me. The quality was really good though and every fish looked like a football.
the dam retrofit is apparently having permit issues and the buyout of the farm just to the right of the entrance below the dam on the right side of the road isn't complete . Most likely , the end of
2015 is the earliest .
As for the question about stripers , possibly , long time ago when they drained the dam in the early 80's , they did find a few stripers . How they got in the lake , nobody knows.
If all us so called bass fisherman were smart , we would group together and put pressure on the powers that be in both DFG and SCVWD so we can transplant bass out of Anderson when they drain the lake and relocate them to places like Lexington , Calero , Coyote etc.... and really turn those fisheries up a notch . Just a thought .
Robb
"If all us so called bass fisherman were smart , we would group together and put pressure on the powers that be in both DFG and SCVWD so we can transplant bass out of Anderson when they drain the lake and relocate them to places like Lexington , Calero , Coyote etc.... and really turn those fisheries up a notch . Just a thought ."

[0-]

That is what they SHOULD do, but probably won't. Should start doing research on when they will pull the plug, and get a petition set up with lots and lots of backing. The transportation of those Anderson bass to other local lakes, WOULD really help the surrounding fisheries. Great idea bud.
Is the plain to drain the whole lake? Would think they would just want to keep the dam area and launch ramp dry, much deeper area's around the lake that could support water and life.

Set'Em Good
I read somewhere that there's an alternate plan to not drain it completely but leave some water in the lake for fish to live in...not sure how concrete that is or where it can be confirmed though.
6/0 , set em ,
I know we are all smart , it more a question of importance .
If anybody thinks the DFG and/or SCVWD cares about bass fisherman , your crazy . Those type of organizations ONLY respond to the voice of the people . As for fisherman , the bigger the group (all the local guys in bass clubs , websites , etc...) ban together and start attending meetings and work the system to our benefit . My guess , nobody will do it , to many excuses .
When they drained Anderson in the early 80's , local bass clubs and various groups banned together and relocated bass into Calero . Personally , I have caught and released over a dozen DD bass @ Calero , the only reason that happened ( other than my incredible skills ---haha) is because of the efforts of others .
As for the the size of the proposed Anderson retrofit , 6000 acre feet is one of the options . That will be if they decide to build a coffer dam to hold that amount of water . I am 100% positive there will be significant die off of bass when this occurs .
Any suggestions to pushing this effort should have it's own permanent blog area on this website and updated frequently .
Robb
Just saw on the news that they may be scrapping the plan to drain in 2015 due to concerns of drought. That was pretty much all they said though.