Which Place Is Still Okay After the Storms?

Have to find clear water somewhere....that was the trick to the delta that i failed on doing. So muddy out there. almost 1 foot visability. Mudhole with floating debri everywhere! 35mph sloloume course. Tournament anglers out there doing 60 plus...crazy! I saw many floating logs and tree stumps mixed in with all the plants drifting around.
Loop_Dad wrote:
Oh BTW the ranger was telling me the water is clear at Coyote. Can someone confirm this? After Anderson, I might want to try Coyote next.

Haha that's total b.s. I was out there the day after the storms passed and a couple times since then and its as chocolate as it comes. Althought the dam is a bit clearer its not much better.anyplace that sits in a bowl like that and gets all the runoff water is going to look like that.
Well went to almeden lake today and got skunked. Got there at 8 and left at 12. Saw alot of other fisherman there, talked to a few of them. They weren't having any luck either.....
If the visibility is bad, throw chatterbaits and depending on where the fish are holding, throw some spook jrs. When I was in the Bay Area a couple of weeks ago the bite was decent at Anderson near the dam on spook jrs.
Stopped by at Stevens Creek again. The water is a bit better than a week ago, probably 1-2 ft visibility, goldish color, but not chocolate milk bad. The debrie was pushed out to one area by dam.
Went anderson this morning with fredemac and joe. Bites still on by the bridge off points with rocks around. Fred had the big fish at 2.5 and joe landed 6 or 7 total. I only managed two but around 3 I hooked into a total giant. Fish absolutely destroyed my dropshot, felt like a ton of dead weight, then fought harder than the 7lber I caught a couple months back. Unfortunately I forgot to loosen my drag after getting snagged and tightening it all the way down. The beast straightened out a size 2 gamagatsu hook and after a 10 second battle it was all over but the crying. A heartbreaker for sure, and no it wasn't a catfish.
Jtmoney wrote:
after a 10 second battle it was all over but the crying.

Ugh! that sucks man, but this line cracked me up lol
Hey JT, sorry to hear about the big one. But you still had a good day, I would think.

Everybody has some "the fish got away" story, but mine was at Almaden reservoir last winter. I've already lost many jigs that day and tied a jig from 20 years ago. About a few feet away from me, the fish hit it. It was heavy and I couldn't make it to move. I was on my M/H rod. In a few seconds, it swam up quick, shook it off and off it went. I blamed on the dull hook and bad hook set. It happened so fast, I felt like the whole thing was a dream.
Jtmoney wrote:
Went anderson this morning with fredemac and joe. Bites still on by the bridge off points with rocks around. Fred had the big fish at 2.5 and joe landed 6 or 7 total. I only managed two but around 3 I hooked into a total giant. Fish absolutely destroyed my dropshot, felt like a ton of dead weight, then fought harder than the 7lber I caught a couple months back. Unfortunately I forgot to loosen my drag after getting snagged and tightening it all the way down. The beast straightened out a size 2 gamagatsu hook and after a 10 second battle it was all over but the crying. A heartbreaker for sure, and no it wasn't a catfish.

damn that sucks on that big one!!! tha fish are eating good out there. for two days of fishing anderson total of 22-23 fish. lots where in the pound and half range some over 2. water is as clear as it can be!! good fishing with u and fred!!!
Went out again this morning with fredemac, bighurt, and his cousin. I got about 3 hours in and 3 fish, I think we had 14 between the four of us, 3 or 4 each. Its definitely a little slower with the colder weather but they're still eating up heavy. Good winter fishing for sure. Good fishing with good people, can't beat that!
Yeah Ando is still going off like JT said. I got 4 before having to leave due to the rain and wind turning off the bite and pushing us out of there. Big hurt an Cuzo also killed it. Definitely a good bite considering its winter!!! Not to sure what this next storm is gonna do to the bite...guess we're gonna have to wet some lines again soon fellas!!! lol
I only got 30 minutes in today after work before the ranger kicked me out to close the park.. Caught 2 one on a crank bait the other on a dropshot. I am also new to the forum. Thanks for sharing everyone.
I drove to Anderson by the bridge. It was very cold. I had more cloth on than when I go skiing. I only got one dink for a few hours of fishing until rain started.

Welcome to the forum, BAD57B :)
I was there with my dad and some friends from 8:30 to 12:30. Total of 4 fish caught and released. The biggest was maybe 2lbs.