Why don't all Lakes Honor each other's inspection???

I for 1 hate the way the don't Honor each other's inspection ...you think once you been inspected all the would need to do is take you tag off at that lake and put a new one on when you leave it would even be worth a small fee to do this .....it would be much more easier if it was done this way...now if you showed up with no proof of inspection then pay the full amount .... I for one would gladly pay 1/2 price if we had the inspection tag still on just to skip the BS....what do you think??? and how would we get this to pass???
Government bureaucracy.
its about the dollars and process. Because the training varies from County to County , they don't trust each others method for inspection .
I would bet that in the future , the inspection process will get more difficult .
I am sure most people will bitch about trying to pass a more difficult inspection , but look at it this way , if ANY lake gets that friggin muscle in it , they will close that Lake and probably restrict any Lakes that are close by .
For me , I don't mind the inspection or the dollars -----yes it's a pain in the ass , but it lets me fish that lake ---at least for now .
tight lines ,
Robb
I have a small inflatable and when I launched at Calero, I thought the gal said the tag would be honored at the other country lakes...maybe I misunderstood something. I haven't gone out with boat much so you guys know better.
Loop_Dad wrote:
I have a small inflatable and when I launched at Calero, I thought the gal said the tag would be honored at the other country lakes...maybe I misunderstood something. I haven't gone out with boat much so you guys know better.

You're correct, for inflatables they do honor it at other county lakes. When they leave they put a band around your inflatable so that it has to be broken if it were to be inflated again. . Next time you take it to the lake, it won't need to be inspected provided the band isn't broken.
In Monterey Co. you print out a form online, fill it out, and launch your boat. (You must have your form on the boat.) 8-)

You guys have it right, if your boat is banded at a SC county lake you don't need an inspection to launch at a SC county lake.
What JimSr is talking about is other Counties not excepting other counties tags.

What screws me up is I fish the ocean mostly on weekends, but like to hit Coyote on the way home from work during the summer, so I have to have an inspection pretty much every time.

It's amazing how hard it is to keep a boat dry. (8-|
Yes this is what I'am talking about and I would not mind paying extra...an inspecdtion is an inspection right so be it said >>>>> You guys have it right, if your boat is banded at a SC county lake you don't need an inspection to launch at a SC county lake.
What JimSr is talking about is other Counties not excepting other counties tags.
Especially when water gets pumped in from shared locations... where was the water come from that goes into all the south bay water ways... who shares water with each other, that should be a band honored between whatever locations whom share water...
Because they don't know what lakes may already have mussels in them. You can't just trust that what ever lake you launched at before is mussel free. It's as simple as that.
shared water or not , the inspection process varies from county to county . Water from San Luis gets pumped into Anderson from time to time and the inspection process is different at both.
I have talked several times to the guys at Calero , both of them have been to the recent trainings held at Havasu. Bottom line , the inspection process is going to get tougher , personally , I think that's a good thing . NO muscles means we get to launch and catch fish.
I just wish they would let us launch much earlier , get on the water at daybreak and get off before the idiots come out.
tight lines ,
Robb