WTB Reel

Looking for a lefthand caster, tell me what you got.
Hey Ryan, I too like the left hand retrieve reels. With the economy the way it is, I have chosen to spend my money a bit moderately...keeping my reel purchases in the $100-$200. price range. I was pretty dedicated to the Quantum line 10 years back and just recently upgraded all my rods and reels. The new quantum reel spool seemed to screem when casting, and that registered to me as "velocity drag". So I tested and opted for the new Shimano line of reels, after the Icast equiptment review was released last year. The Curado happenned to win hands down as the editors pick.

I purchased (2) Shimano Citica CI201E for cranking 6.2:1 retrieve. (find them on Ebay all day long for $98.) Also I purchased (3) Shimano Curado 201 E7 for jerkbaits, frogs, and flippin 7.0:1 retrieve. (cheapest found on Ebay was $135.) Next Is the Curado 301 E for my swimbait and light salt water applications.

I have landed many bass on em since last year...never once, have they let me down performance wise! They cast a country mile. The drag system to me is extremely smooth and dependable...even in the rain and completely wet (after being submerged under water). Extremely smooth spool for flipping too. Not to mention my lack of proper maintanence (cleaning and lubricating).

Hope my information, along with others, can help you make a satisfactory decision on your reel of choice!

Dwell Inna Positive Manner,
Ragga Ryan
Just bought an Abu Garcia Revo Premier for 169.99 (msrp 279.99). I love this reel. Later found a site that had it for 139.99 but can't remember what it was now. Ichibantackle.com has great prices on used JDM baitcasters, just takes a while to look through them and find the right one. Good luck, took me hours to decide on a new rod and reel recently. Now's the time to buy new, also, because 2010 models are being released next month...
Thanks for the reply guys, Ill look in the external sites, i was hoping to get something before this weekend and ordering online wont come in on time.
Hey Ryan Go online to Tackle Warehouse and place an order. They ship fast next day arrival. Just get online and order before 2 and it should ship that day and arrive the very next day for you!
www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpageRLCSHIMANO-SCRE.html
BRADRC51 orders there all the time and I just checked with him today on the shipping...it's FREE!
Thanks Ryan, Tackle Warehouse was my next option. I have bought from there before, I even stopped by the store. Cool place and very fast shipping if you can get it in by Wednesday it'll be at your door on Friday.

Still the option to buy from a fellow SanJoseBasser is open.

Anthony, give up them Diawa's
What's up Ryan. How's going? Haven't talk to you for awhile. I saw your clear lake limit, damn you killed them good man. Anyways, back to the topic, to purchase a new reel I always go Ebay because you do get better deal there than a lot of retail store. Good Luck
How's it going Tim? If Ryan808 lives in or near Fremont you should sell him your reels! Do a fellow member a favor. Must have some lefty's that are new. Hook him up! You only need one rod and reel to catch "NOTHING" and pull water! :D }:(

Any luck yet Ryan? What is your brand of choice and price range?

I wish my reels would get here sooner than Friday...maybe I'll get lucky and they get delivered early. (8-|

BTW Tim after friday I am going to want to spool and test out my new reels. Want to make a run to CL and go to the cabin? Going to party at Brad's on Halloween. But any other day I'm available. I need to work out my arm.
I gave in today and bought another Zillion, but Im still open to a backup. Thanks for the effort Ryan, it been a while since I you posted, what you been up to. You know Im taking a trip back home to Hawaii in December, I'll tell you how the fishing is.
Good for you Ryan on the new reel and also getting to go back home for a visit. My mom is over there as we speak, hanging out with my sis. Gettin new car seat covers from the swap meet.

We should try to meet up and fish some time and maybe we can trade sticks for a few casts and try out eachothers reels. I would like to get some hands on comparisons of reels for future purchases. Maybe I will like the Diawa. That was a choice I had to make between the Zillion and the Curado last year. I just trusted the ICAST editor's pick on the Shimano. Content with my decision, but also willing to try other brand options...till my dream comes alive and I pick up sponsors one day. (8-| Till then I'll be able to take advantage of all the equiptment available. =)
ZILLION.... GOOD CHOICE.. so i take it thats why you called the other day? Shoulda jsut asked me by leaving a message. I called you back though. The daiwa's are treating me right though. God that megabass alpha is dope, overhauled and everything. Too bad half these guys on here didnt know those were real japanese reels for dirt cheap.

Wanna hit my regular spot tomorrow? Send me a text. I dun really post here anymore so just ext me.
I'm a Curado 201E7 fan for sure, super smooth!

-Mike
I reccomend the Abu Garcia REVO inshore.
i have one and i got it from the fisherman's warehouse.
I did an impulse buy with the Zillion, I returned it and just ordered the Aggrest from Cabelas....$100 deal. I had alot of offers on other sites, but trying to make the time and effort to travel wasnt worth it, thats why I tried here first. I guess I can add another Diawa to the lot. I was hoping to get an offering on a Sol, but no bite.
My (2) new citicas worked great Friday at Clearlake. Longcasts like a dream...as good as the Curados. Perfect cranking speed reel with an unbeleivabley smooth drag and freespool for an under $100. delivered. Now they smell like fish...Yay! Spooled them with 12 lb instead of my normal 10 lb. More confidence in the line being stronger, but not shure if it has put me at a disadvantage, lure presentation wise. Need a couple of more trips out to determine if I can get away with the change...
Ryan808 wrote:
I did an impulse buy with the Zillion, I returned it and just ordered the Aggrest from Cabelas....$100 deal. I had alot of offers on other sites, but trying to make the time and effort to travel wasnt worth it, thats why I tried here first. I guess I can add another Diawa to the lot. I was hoping to get an offering on a Sol, but no bite.

ryan, shoot me an offer for my sol, i think you've used it before. I really want the crazy cranker zillion