Youth Tournaments

Hey Guys,
For those who don't know me, my name is Andrew! Anyways I'm 14 1/2 years old and have been bass fishing ever since 5th grade. I really want to start competing with others at a jr. angler level, but none of my family has a boat and not that many like to fish so ive been on my own. Anyone know about any youth tourneys or if anyone could help me out...that'd be Awesome! [green] [green] [green]

Thanks,
Andrew Le
same with me... me and andreww are fishing buddies... i really wanna get into tournament fishing... like he said we dont have a boat... so any shore tournaments you know about.... i own a float tube and i want to do float tube tournaments... but i dont know how to install a live well or put in a rod rack... any suggestions?
hey guys, take a look around this site for some great info on setting up the livewells. If i get some time i will look for ya. But i know there are some really good set ups that these guys have made.

And if you wanna get out there and fish some tourneys, check out bassntubes.com
They set up great tourneys all over northern cali for all us guys who have float tubes and pontoons.
Hey Andrew,
I fish with bass-n-tubes and we have young guys fish with us all the time. If you go to bass-n-tubes.com and look at some of the pontoons, you will get an idea of some of the set-ups. As far as float tubes, I have seen guys that have those plastic three-rod holders straped to the back of their seat or have the rods laying down on the tubes. The live well for a float tube has to be non colapsable non metal basket that stays in the water. If you have a pontoon you can use the same live well as long as you don't use oars. If you use oars, you will need to make a livewell that is out of the water. Most of these tournaments require some travel and over night stays but if you guys are serious about joining, I can help out with a ride to and from the tournaments if you need. I live in south San Jose and usually go to every tournament. We have alot of tournaments at the delta that are one day events that might be really fun for you guys. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Steve
Steve wen r u gonna fish with us at the oakridge ponds?
Thanks alot ill look into it!

-Andrew Le
I try to get out there after work some days but I don't usually plan a trip. If I have time after work, I just head straight there. I have a rod in my work truck so if I get off early it is a quick trip. We just had a baby so it is hard to get away. Tournament season is starting up now so my time is mainly going to that. Let me know when you are going again and I will try to make it.
bassakwards wrote:
I try to get out there after work some days but I don't usually plan a trip. If I have time after work, I just head straight there. I have a rod in my work truck so if I get off early it is a quick trip. We just had a baby so it is hard to get away. Tournament season is starting up now so my time is mainly going to that. Let me know when you are going again and I will try to make it.

okay then and congradulations