zebra mussels found in san justo?

A friend of mine told me that there has been zebra mussels found in san justo reservoir. Has anyone heard anything about this? Â What kind of impacts would this have on the lake?
Zebra Mussels can be disruptive to some benthic invertebrates in natural waters, but in man-made lakes an argument can be made that they actually increase biodiversity. They can become a food source for crayfish, increasing the crayfish population and therefore increasing forage for bass.

Unfortunately, they are a nuisance in most waters and can clog up water diversions, pumps, and flood control facilities. They can make a mess of docks and moored boats, too. Because of this, some waters infested with z. mussels are shut down to boating during eradication to prevent the spread of the species to other waters.
I heard about that...I was hoping it was just a rumor.
Quote:
I heard about that...I was hoping it was just a rumor.

i was hoping it was just a rumor too, but then i saw this on a local news website.

http://www.kion46.com/news/local/story. ... 6&gsa=true

could this mean that they are in san luis reservoir too? Â i am pretty sure that is where san justo gets its water.
They're not necessarily in San Luis, if the introduction to San Justo came by way of a stowaway colony on a boat that had previously been moored in a lake with a mussel infestation.

Either way, once the extent of the infestation is determined, expect biologists to recommend a quarantine of the population to prevent it from spreading. What a bummer.
My boy Murf is wicked smart.

Nice take, brother.

Marce
The lake is closed to boat traffic until further notice. This really sucks, the lake is 5 min. from my house. :'(
here is a link to dept of fish and game story..... :'(

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/news08/08005.html
That BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

They Closed the lake for that......Damn pretty soon we aint gunna have any where to fish if they keep closing parks/lakes down...... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

DAM IT 1 less place to fish!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(
Can you still toon it? Because thats so jacked that they have to close such a great lake just to some stupid mussel!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Man I hope I can toon in the future if possible.
Just so you know...these mussels are not to be taken lightly. They have caused millions of $$$ worth of damages in the great lakes region.
Does that mean that the forebay must have them?
They haven't found them anywear in Ca. except San Justo. The say the larva can live in a boats live well or bildge for a long time as long as there is water in it. Once they start to overtake a lake they go nuts, eating microscopic organizims that the bait fish would normally eat. This effects the amount of bait fish witch affects the game fish population. The also clog pumps and pipes. This is not a good situation, they will ony spread from San Justo if they are not completely eraticated from this lake. I hope they can get this under control soon.
no, it does not mean they are in the forebay...
Man is there any way to take them out or at least get them under control?
sorry guys, my bad. I put them in the lake after i took a vacation back east. They must have been stuck to my boat. ;) No that really sucks. One of my favorite places to fish
How do they plan to get rid of these????????? :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-? :-? :-? :-?

Posion the lake??? or what???
If they poison it won't the bass or trout die?
i would not be surprised to hear that they are in other lakes close by. has anyone else seen those clam looking shells on the shoreline at chesboro, uvas, etc? what the heck are those?
I've seen them in other lakes. Maybe thats what the were?